Definition of renege in English:
1Go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract: the government had reneged on its election promises
More example sentences
- Older workers were among the first fired, and some hard-pressed corporations reneged on pension promises.
- To appease unions, he reneged on promised labor-market reforms.
- An hour ago your investor reneged on his promised half million.
- reneger noun
- Example sentences
- In general, play stops when a renege is figured out and the reneger gets points for that hand, while the others get the points they have at that point.
- The day following the election, this reneger dismissed that promise as 'old news'.
- Because of the fast pace of the game, catching a reneger is difficult.
Words that rhyme with renegefatigue, Grieg, intrigue, league
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.