1Go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract: the government had reneged on its election promises
More example sentences
- Older workers were among the first fired, and some hard-pressed corporations reneged on pension promises.
- To appease unions, he reneged on promised labor-market reforms.
- An hour ago your investor reneged on his promised half million.
- More example sentences
- In general, play stops when a renege is figured out and the reneger gets points for that hand, while the others get the points they have at that point.
- The day following the election, this reneger dismissed that promise as 'old news'.
- Because of the fast pace of the game, catching a reneger is difficult.