- 1Curdled milk from the stomach of an unweaned calf, containing rennin and used in curdling milk for cheese.More example sentences
- Instead of being curdled with rennet as most cheeses are nowadays, the milk is soured with lactic acid-producing bacteria and left to separate naturally.
- Milk in cheese production is curdled using chymosin - an enzyme present in rennet, found in calves' stomachs.
- The seeds of the fruits are diuretic and can be used as a substitute for rennet to curdle milk.
late 15th century: probably related to run.
More definitions of rennetDefinition of rennet in:
- The US English dictionary