Definition of renormalization in English:
noun[mass noun] Physics
A method used in quantum mechanics in which unwanted infinities are removed from the solutions of equations by redefining parameters such as the mass and charge of subatomic particles.
- Using the method of renormalization which he also developed Schwinger was able to prove that a small anomalous contribution should be added to the value of the magnetic moment accepted until then.
- ‘If you remove the high-energy scale through the process of renormalization, the spectral features are very sharp,’ Phillips said.
- The solution was a trick called renormalization, worked out by Feynman, Julian Schwinger, Sin-Itiro Tomonaga and Freeman Dyson.
- Example sentences
- The spectra were renormalized as above, and the data are plotted in Fig.6.
- Projected data can be renormalized in the transform space to achieve effective luminance-dynamic range management, as well as color contrast enhancement suitable for final visualization.
- Each distribution function was renormalized to account for the arbitrary upper bound of summation C max = 100.
Definition of renormalization in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan