Commit a further offence: people who reoffend while on bail
More example sentences
- The approach that is being taken in the bill is the approach of concealment, which is the proper approach, because if somebody reoffends, then the offence can re-emerge.
- The judge said the 17-year-old, who was 15 when he offended against the boys, aged eight and seven, had not reoffended while on bail during the proceedings and had been of previous good character.
- One thousand of those had reoffended, he said, some committing violent and sex crimes.
- Example sentences
- By learning basic literary skills and teaching self expression and awareness through writers residencies, there could be a significant reduction in the number of reoffenders.
- The speech will coincide with the publication of the Halliday Report on sentencing policy which will call for root-and-branch reform of the court system in an effort to crack down on reoffenders.
- The aim of the law, as originally proposed, was that violent reoffenders should have to serve a minimum of 25 years if they committed three crimes.
Definition of reoffend in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.