- (In rowing and other sports) a contest in which the best-placed of those who failed to win heats compete for a place in the final.More example sentences
- In fact at the Sydney Olympics they were out after the repêchage.
- Other competitors with the best times may also qualify for the next round indirectly as "fastest losers" as a result of the repêchage.
- During the 2007 Rugby World Cup qualification, there were two repêchage positions available for the finals tournament.
early 20th century: French, from repêcher 'fish out, rescue'.
More definitions of repêchageDefinition of repêchage in:
- The US English dictionary