Definition of repetitious in English:
Another term for repetitive. many hours of repetitious labour
More example sentences
- Sachs tells us that reading these impassioned letters eventually became repetitious and boring.
- The tragedies that plague the talent make for grimmer reading, resulting in a story arc that's as banal and repetitious as most contemporary porn features.
- Moreover, he had to worry about all manner of dull work: petitions were read, proclamations heard, and patents and all manner of wordy, repetitious and wearisome papers had to be attended to.
- repetitiously adverb
- Example sentences
- The credit statements, along with her collection of images, including abandoned shopping malls and university loan transcripts, paint a plain yet repetitiously eerie picture of consumerism.
- Its editorial pages have expressed an over-the-top pre-emptive enthusiasm, arguing the case as repetitiously as the president and nearly as cockily as his chief advisor.
- The story of business economics and philosophy needs to be told simply, understandably, repetitiously and without dilution or distortion - to broad masses of the people.
- repetitiousness noun
- Example sentences
- It sounds as though they were attempting to either mock the repetitiousness of pop music or push it through to some kind of minimalist trance, but they succeed at nothing so much as irritation.
- Sadly, this was the point where I realised that Fuel have made the mistake of carrying on their signature riffs right through the album to the point of repetitiousness.
- Pamela Berlin, who directed persuasively, can be faulted only for not having made the author trim some of his repetitiousness.
Words that rhyme with repetitiousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, delicious, expeditious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, propitious, seditious, siliceous, superstitious, suppositious, surreptitious, suspicious, vicious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.