Definition of replenish in English:
- The fact is that, in a year of frequent and adequate rainfalls, there was not always the volume to fill or replenish dams and underground resources.
- ‘Europe is a difficult market, and we are totally aware of that,’ Cho said, after returning from a June trip to Burgundy to replenish his wine collection.
- Recharge is the amount of water from precipitation that replenishes groundwater in storage.
- In particular, materials requirement planning is a system that assists management to monitor inventory and replenish as stock levels approach minimum requirements.
- Ship stocks will then be replenished from the base warehouses.
- State marine biologists said coastal waters were over-fished and the ban was necessary so that stocks could be replenished.
- replenisher noun
- Example sentences
- The company recently launched PediaPop - a lickable, flavored electrolyte replenisher for kids with diarrhea.
- High-GI carbs let you quickly refuel during a ride and are the best post-ride replenisher, because they refill your empty energy stores fast.
- If you are doing development by inspection, the remaining concentrate can be used as a replenisher for the working solution.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'supply abundantly'): from Old French repleniss-, lengthened stem of replenir, from re- 'again' (also expressing intensive force) + plenir 'fill' (from Latin plenus 'full').
Words that rhyme with replenishRhenish
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.