Of or characteristic of newspaper reporters: reportorial ambition and curiosity
More example sentences
- In the reportorial images, evocative views from the ongoing series ‘Chasing Shadows’, Mofokeng reveres the arcane spirit of syncretic Easter Sunday rituals performed at the cave of Motouleng, a Free State mountain regarded as holy.
- In that early poem, ‘The Egyptian Passage,’ for example-which is reportorial, without losing any compression of the language, and seems to be about all of the world, including the horror, by implication.
- What Joseph Mitchell achieved in his New Yorker profiles of Bowery ticket-takers, Staten Island oystermen and Mohawk skyscraper steelworkers, Kuralt approached, more fondly, in his reportorial visits.
- Example sentences
- In his introduction, Boynton defines the ‘new new journalism’ as ‘reportorially based, narrative-driven long-form nonfiction’ and lauds it as representing ‘the continued maturation of American literary journalism.’
- It nails down the wry, wisecracking tone of the business world in lively, almost reportorially vivid detail.
- Both reportorially and philosophically, Gitlin helps the reader understand once-familiar political strategies like "sit-in" and "teach-in."
Mid 19th century: from reporter, on the pattern of editorial.
Words that rhyme with reportorialaccessorial, accusatorial, advertorial, ambassadorial, arboreal, armorial, auditorial, authorial, boreal, censorial, combinatorial, consistorial, conspiratorial, corporeal, curatorial, dictatorial, directorial, editorial, equatorial, executorial, gladiatorial, gubernatorial, immemorial, imperatorial, janitorial, lavatorial, manorial, marmoreal, memorial, monitorial, natatorial, oratorial, oriel, pictorial, piscatorial, prefectorial, professorial, proprietorial, rectorial, sartorial, scriptorial, sectorial, senatorial, territorial, tonsorial, tutorial, uxorial, vectorial, visitorial
Definition of reportorial in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.