- Having a good reputation: a reputable companyMore example sentences
well thought of, highly regarded, well respected, respected, respectable, with a good reputation, of repute, of good repute, creditable, esteemed, prestigious, estimable; established, well known; reliable, dependable, trusted, trustworthy, tried and trusted, honest, honourable, principled, above board, legitimate, upright, virtuous, irreproachable, anti-corruption, worthy, good, excellent, conscientious• informal legitBritish • informal copper-bottomed• archaic of good report
- If you're struggling with debt and unsure about your options, talk to a reputable credit counselor before filing for bankruptcy.
- Plus, you may think your accountant or attorney is trustworthy, efficient and reputable, but you'll never know for sure.
- Ensure that the source is legitimate and reputable.
- More example sentences
- David said that it was wrong for children to be approached and that solicitors doing so would be in breach of their responsibility to act reputably.
- I was reputably hardworking and successful in the office, and as such - she felt - a bit stuck up and intimidating.
- Even where firms are operating reputably, aggressive marketing tactics have become the norm.
early 17th century: from obsolete French, or from medieval Latin reputabilis, from Latin reputare 'reflect upon' (see repute).