- A migratory, live-bearing shark of warm seas, sometimes also found in brackish or fresh water.
More example sentences
- Family Carcharhinidae: many species, including the tiger shark, blue shark, and tope
- Blacktip reef sharks and blacktip sharks are the lightweights of the requiem shark world.
- Whitetip reef sharks, often described as ‘not aggressive’, are probably the species of requiem shark most often encountered by divers, but the least written about.
- Grey reef and other requiem sharks need to move about or to be in moving water so that oxygenated water passes across their gills.
mid 17th century: from obsolete French requiem, variant of requin 'shark', influenced by requiem.
More definitions of requiem sharkDefinition of requiem shark in:
- The US English dictionary