- A wish or prayer for the repose of a dead person.More example sentences
- He then relates how even fifty years passes, and still no one discovers this murder, triumphantly declaring of Fortunato ‘In pace requiescat,’ ‘May he rest in peace.’
- When I go to work each day in the Hugo Black courthouse and see the bust of that judge in the rotunda, I cannot help but say the prayer for Father Coyle that he used as the title of a poem: requiescat in pace.
- In case I forget to say it later, requiescat in pace.
Latin, from requiescat in pace (see RIP1).
More definitions of requiescatDefinition of requiescat in:
- The US English dictionary