Definition of rescue bid in English:
1An attempt to save someone or something from a dangerous or precarious situation: Essex University may launch a rescue bid to save the Palace Theatre
More example sentences
- Local reporters inside Parliament House said the situation inside was tense, with the insurgents fearful of a military rescue bid.
- Late this afternoon, a meeting of creditors voted down a rescue bid for the company.
- Mr Bunting was also presented with a Royal Humane Society award in recognition of the vital role he played in the rescue bid.
2 Bridge A bid intended to get one’s partner out of a contract which could not be made.
- B's "rescue" bid was the second mistake in the hand.
- There are several other variations of established first responses to an opening of a Gambling 3 No Trump. One variation is presented below, which employs the so-called Rescue Bid.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.