- (In industry) work directed towards the innovation, introduction, and improvement of products and processes.More example sentences
- Possible measures include giving oil and gas exploration the same status as industrial research and development.
- The company spent a lot of money on research and development and new products were coming on stream, but not fast enough.
- He said the company would continue to invest in research and development and build its product range.
More definitions of research and developmentDefinition of research and development in:
- The US English dictionary