- A plant of the genus Reseda (family Resedaceae), especially (in gardening) a mignonette.More example sentences
- The Latin name Reseda means "to calm or appease," and refers to the fact that the plant was employed by the Romans in treating bruises.
- Reseda alba, a dicot, is a perennial herb that is not native to California; it was introduced from elsewhere and naturalized in the wild.
- The genus Reseda("mignonette", reseda) has been introduced into Panama and is cultivated in gardens in the Boquete region.
mid 18th century: from Latin, interpreted in the sense 'assuage!', imperative of resedare, with reference to its supposed curative powers.
More definitions of resedaDefinition of reseda in:
- The US English dictionary