Definition of reselect in English:
Select (someone or something) again or differently: he was reselected as candidate for Sunderland South
More example sentences
- He would select news items, reselect them, rewrite them, cut them short, crumple them up and throw them away.
- His local association had recently unanimously reselected him as their candidate for the forthcoming general election.
- When I was reselected in July last year, I became aware of this whispering campaign.
- Example sentences
- Four members were absent at the meeting, which was put back a week despite being in the diary for seven months, but 15 voted against reselection and eight voted in favour.
- The warning comes at a highly sensitive time for Labour MSPs, who are going through a rapid process of reselection this month.
- There is no mechanism for mandatory reselection of First Ministers.
Definition of reselect in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan