- Delay the process of judging or giving one’s opinion: she said she would reserve judgement until next weekMore example sentences
- ‘I was not happy with the judge reserving judgment,’ he said.
- Judge Ibbotson reserved judgement on the case to consider the evidence.
- South African observers praised ‘the tranquillity and the peacefulness’ of the weekend voting, but reserved judgment on whether the process had been free and fair.
More definitions of reserve judgementDefinition of reserve judgement in:
- The US English dictionary