Definition of reset in English:
verb (resets, resetting; past and past participle reset)[with object]
1Set again or differently: I must reset the alarm
More example sentences
- As I returned to the present moment, and Steve swam back into my field of vision, it occurred to me I must have forgotten to reset the alarm.
- If he wants to work to continental hours he can do so by resetting his alarm.
- Security staff visited the building at 9pm on Monday to reset a burglar alarm after an attempted break-in at the front.
1.1 Electronics Cause (a binary device) to enter the state representing the numeral 0.
- If that doesn't help, they'll get an SD card containing software to reset the device.
- The problem was corrected when a mechanic reset the computers that control the components, according to the log.
- Much worse, I found that whenever I tried to dial a phone number the device reset itself.
- Example sentences
- As is well known, the resettability of the tuner is one of the most significant problems to be considered in the step-by-step tuner.
- Gravity flow timers exist which aim to provide for quick resettability.
- Features include manual and automatically resettability and high shock and vibration resistance.
- Example sentences
- It is a 4-digit resettable combination cable lock with over 10,000 combinations, a 2.6mm-by - 36-in. cable with a heavy-duty recoil mechanism, a thermometer, and an anti-reset button.
- Other features include a digital temperature controller, adjustable sequencing and injection cycles that range from 5 to 99 seconds, and a built-in resettable production counter.
- The pouch opener features intuitive adjustments for different-sized pouches, a foot pedal for operator triggering, an auto mode that will cycle the machine at a set speed, and built-in resettable counters.
Definition of reset in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan