Definition of resettle in English:
Settle or cause to settle in a different place: [with object]: they offered to resettle 300,000 refugees [no object]: 144,000 East Germans had resettled in West Germany
More example sentences
- The two women were waiting to be resettled in a third country as they were considered to be in danger.
- Today, such a claim would be considered frivolous under the Firm Resettlement Law, which renders claims of asylum irrelevant for aliens who resettle in a third country.
- Since August 1999, it has assisted 429 women and girls, repatriating most and helping one to resettle in a third country.
- Example sentences
- The post-war resettlements involved the biggest exercise in reshaping European political geography ever undertaken.
- What plans does the Government have to improve reintegration and resettlement of prisoners once they are released?
- Based upon this criterion, the rate of resettlement is just 5 percent.
Definition of resettle in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.