noun[mass noun] Physics
- A measure of the resisting power of a specified material to the flow of an electric current.More example sentences
- The lower sheet resistivity also reduces the current crowding, which would otherwise give rise to excessive non-uniform device self-heating under high DC operation.
- Water was drawn only when the measured specific resistivity was 18.2 M ohm cm, indicating that the maximal grade of purity had been reached.
- Measuring electrical resistivity in soil and rock turns out to be quite useful.
More definitions of resistivityDefinition of resistivity in:
- The US English dictionary