Definition of resolved in English:
adjective[predicative, with infinitive]
Firmly determined to do something: Constance was resolved not to cry
More example sentences
- With the New Year approaching, Daphne's resolved to make everything all right again.
- Nursing must act now in a unified voice with a resolved spirit to determine its own destiny.
- Whatever it takes, whatever it costs, this patient, this resolved nation will win the first war of the 21st century.
- Example sentences
- And as this second series unfurls, things seem pretty much business as usual; the chatty and informal style, the resolvedly non - empirical preparation, the endless licking of spoons.
- An aroused Norman nervously replaces the picture, glances up to the house (in profile) with his jaw slightly twitching, and then resolvedly walks out.
- But the need is soon felt for a new art form, reflecting a resolvedly modernist society.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan