- Denoting an equation, function, or expression that is introduced in order to reach or complete a solution.More example sentences
- The most significant aspect of Waring's treatment of this example is the symmetric relation between the roots of the quartic equation and its resolvent cubic.
- We refer to this method as resolvent method and briefly review it in the Resolvent Method section.
- If A is a closed, densely defined linear operator on H, then the resolvent set is an open. subset of the complex plane.
nounBack to top
- A resolvent equation, function, or expression.More example sentences
- Note that the 20 x 20 entries of the resolvent can be calculated separately and independently of each other.
- We also discuss cases where the norm of the resolvent of a bounded linear operator cannot be constant on an open set.
- Geometrically the resolvent enables us to resolve the whole spread represented by any given set of algebraic equations into definite irreducible spreads.
More definitions of resolventDefinition of resolvent in:
- The US English dictionary