Definition of respectful in English:
Feeling or showing deference and respect: they sit in respectful silence
More example sentences
- Hundreds of people drew near her grave and police had to be called in to hold them back and keep a respectful distance.
- Unlike us, she will be mindful of the dangers; respectful of the distance and her rivals.
- There was a respectful silence of a few seconds while the others internalised this concept.
- Example sentences
- I am especially impressed with the respectfulness and thoughtfulness of those writers who disagreed with my position.
- Tea is thought to evolve from four kinds of thought in Korean Buddhism - peacefulness, respectfulness, purity and quietness.
- The female medical role models were said to convey more ‘human’ attributes: tolerance, integrity, respectfulness, and support towards students.
Pronunciation: /rɪˈspɛk(t)fʊlnəs/ /rɪˈspɛk(t)f(ə)lnəs/noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.