Definition of respirator in English:
1An apparatus worn over the mouth and nose or the entire face to prevent the inhalation of dust, smoke, or other noxious substances: for a time everyone had to work with respirators
More example sentences
- Wear a sanding respirator to prevent inhalation while breaking dried plaster or when mixing.
- At the time, he advocated the use of personal respirators instead of dust control in mines.
- Renew your determination to go to your sister's house someday and get back that dust and particle respirator you left there last month while working on a project.
1.1An apparatus used to induce artificial respiration.
- Their immune systems are underdeveloped, their skin is thin and easily penetrated by bacteria, and they are born with problems that require invasive procedures such as catheters and respirators to keep them alive.
- Nursing home services are mostly for people who need more medical care than other long term care options can offer, such as wound care, rehabilitative therapy and help with respirators or ventilators.
- An artificial respirator was on standby nearby, as well as other emergency resuscitation devices linked by many wires and tubes.
Definition of respirator in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.