Definition of respirometer in English:
1A device which measures the rate of consumption of oxygen by a living organism.
- The inability of ARPE-Rho 0 cells to respire was confirmed by oxygen consumption analysis in a respirometer.
- We used an open-circuit respirometer to determine resting metabolic rates of 17 wintering dunlins captured on Tomales Bay.
- Four respirometer chambers were run in parallel, interfaced with a computer for data acquisition and analysis.
1.1 Medicine An instrument for measuring the air capacity of the lungs.
- Other instruments developed from this time also included the Wright respirometer, still in use in anaesthetics.
- Exhaled volumes were measured at the y connector using a respirometer, with an accuracy of [+ or -] 2% at a continuous flow of 16 L / min, and [+ or -] 5 to 10% at 60 L / min.
- Between uses on different patients, portable respirometers and ventilator thermometers should be sterilized or subjected to high-level disinfection.
Definition of respirometer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan