- Temporary institutional care of a sick, elderly, or disabled person, providing relief for their usual carer.More example sentences
- They include meals on wheels, home help, day care, respite care for carers, and special assistance for those who are ill or who are about to leave hospital.
- Care in hospital, care at home, respite care, and education all need to be coordinated, and community paediatric nurses often do this as key workers.
- And yet we are told there is no money available for adequate home help care for the elderly or relieving respite care for the mentally disabled.
More definitions of respite careDefinition of respite care in:
- The US English dictionary