Definition of restate in English:
State (something) again or differently, especially more clearly or convincingly: he restated his opposition to abortion
More example sentences
- It goes on and the clear points are restated clearly, but I won't trouble you with resummarizing them.
- Clearly, we must restate our conditions to take explicit account of the ways and methods of arriving at belief.
- Then, instead of attempting to refute it directly, he restates it in significantly different language, setting it in other contexts and suggesting other attitudes or factors that might modify it.
- Example sentences
- Investors are nervous about corporate earnings being reported and possible restatements, and also nervous about the strength of the economy.
- The company said further restatements of its accounts may be necessary.
- George Orwell wrote: ‘We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of civilized men.’
Definition of restate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan