Definition of restate in English:
State (something) again or differently, especially more clearly or convincingly: he restated his opposition to abortion
More example sentences
- It goes on and the clear points are restated clearly, but I won't trouble you with resummarizing them.
- Clearly, we must restate our conditions to take explicit account of the ways and methods of arriving at belief.
- Then, instead of attempting to refute it directly, he restates it in significantly different language, setting it in other contexts and suggesting other attitudes or factors that might modify it.
- Example sentences
- Investors are nervous about corporate earnings being reported and possible restatements, and also nervous about the strength of the economy.
- The company said further restatements of its accounts may be necessary.
- George Orwell wrote: ‘We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the obvious is the first duty of civilized men.’
Definition of restate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.