Definition of restorative in English:
1Having the ability to restore health, strength, or well-being: the restorative power of long walks
More example sentences
- There obviously was some damage which occurred by the excavating and building trade vehicles before this project was completed and which would necessitate some restorative landscaping which had nothing to do with the septic system.
- She believed firmly in the restorative powers of fresh air.
- Using the excuse that some delayed tribute must be collected, Claudius decides to send the crazed Prince on a restorative sea journey to England.
2 Surgery & Dentistry Relating to the restoration of form or function to a damaged tooth or other part of the body.
- An extraction is often used as preparation for a restorative dental procedure such as dentures.
- After 20 years, I have had an ankle restorative surgical procedure 6 weeks ago to tighten a ligament surrounding the ankle joint.
nounBack to top
A thing that restores health, strength, or well-being, especially a medicine or drink: herbal restoratives
More example sentences
- In small doses it serves as a stimulant for the entire digestive tract, associating it with bitter tonics, or other restoratives.
- Forensic scientists test the powders and potions - many of which are touted as restoratives and aphrodisiacs - to determine whether they are actually made from the animal on the label.
- Benedictine and Chartreuse orders still consume these restoratives for digestive and muscular problems.
- Example sentences
- Confidently perching or restoratively leaning on it, emphatically plunking it down or cannily relocating it, blithely ignoring it or stymiedly crumpling up over it, Stritch makes the high chair embody moods, objectify states of being.
- As the benefits and successes of working restoratively with young people have become more widely recognised, the use of restorative justice has grown across the United Kingdom.
- It has suggested that acting restoratively starts at the individual level and that not only do individuals benefit from working within a restorative organisation but that the organisation is a better place for being staffed by restorative individuals.
Definition of restorative in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan