- A temporary court order issued to prohibit an individual from carrying out a particular action, especially approaching or contacting a specified person.More example sentences
- Until the farmers and the cowboys can be friends, this court issues restraining orders against the two parties.
- You had to have a good amount of proof that one's needed before the police will issue a restraining order, first of all.
- And in a later age his violence and lawlessness would have earned him a prison sentence - or at the very least a string of restraining orders and court injunctions.
More definitions of restraining orderDefinition of restraining order in:
- The US English dictionary