Submit (something, such as a plan, application, or resignation) again.
- ‘We will continue to talk to the planners and we are resubmitting an application,’ he said.
- Use the new circumstances as the basis for resubmitting the plan.
- Though the board of directors recommended a vote against the resolution, it won 6.9% of the voting shares, which means the shareholders can resubmit the proposal next year.
- Example sentences
- After the deluge of 1998, the volume of new manuscripts appears to be leveling off, yet resubmissions of 1998 papers have been coming back at a steady pace.
- With time allotted for resubmissions and publishing, it may take a year or longer from the time an article is submitted until it can be seen in print.
- These days articles are often published with lots of dates (dates of submission, resubmission, acceptance, publication), a statement on competing interests, another on financial support, and details of what was done by which authors.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re|sub¦mit
Definition of resubmit in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.