- Moreover, the drop in gasoline prices made June retail sales look softer than they really were.
- To survive I had to branch out into retail advertising, public relations, and nonprofit agencies.
- Various laws, often imposed by the states, restrained price competition in retail trade.
- In addition to selling direct to his neighbors, Grant retails the products of his farm at a number of local farmers' markets and food co-ops.
- It's not just ‘Dave selling bandwidth,’ but Dave retailing the services of a top-notch provider.
- Further, there is little hard evidence available on the output of provision grounds and gardens, and much of this produce was in any case retailed by the slaves in public markets and not necessarily consumed or exchanged for food items.
- If 48 tracks seems excessive, this retails at standard single-CD price and reveals unexpected depth to an often overlooked artist.
- The ball promised to be one of the big events for that night, with tickets that were retailing at the price of two weeks' salary, all proceeds going to charity, of course, and a guest list that read like a ‘who's who’ of New York City.
- According to Tesco, the company has initiated a series of major price cuts in Irish supermarkets in the past two years, with its own-label milk, bread, butter and sugar now retailing at prices lower than those of September 2000.
- His work, completed about 1469, retailed the story as a tragedy.
- I proceeded to retail my meeting with Derek from beginning to end; Jenny listened eagerly, chewing on the nail of her index finger.
- He therefore lays little stress on geographical wonders, and in searching for detailed information retails long passages of by then out-of-date description, which can make the interpretation of his evidence very hazardous.
Late Middle English: from an Anglo-Norman French use of Old French retaille 'a piece cut off', from retaillier, from re- (expressing intensive force) + tailler 'to cut'.
Words that rhyme with retaildetail
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re¦tail
Definition of retail in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.