noun[mass noun] • humorous
- The practice of shopping in order to make oneself feel more cheerful: stop for a reviving cafe au lait or a glass of wine before setting off for more retail therapyMore example sentences
- Today James Carleton guides us through that most untested of psychological self-help techniques - retail therapy.
- We stood up, heading off into the busy town for some traditional retail therapy.
- The town itself offers a multitude of upmarket shopping malls to explore retail therapy Malaysian style, alongside plenty of ethnic Chinese, Malay and Indian restaurants to try out local delicacies.
More definitions of retail therapyDefinition of retail therapy in:
- The US English dictionary