- A wall that holds back earth or water.More example sentences
- Tom and his engineer, Jay Taylor, came up with a design that uses a series of giant trusses anchored into massive concrete retaining walls and the sea wall itself.
- On the north side, a retaining wall wraps protectively around the chapel, diverting water that undermined the foundations of the original church.
- The room's eastern wall is a single-faced retaining wall supporting dense stone fill behind it on the east.
More definitions of retaining wallDefinition of retaining wall in:
- The US English dictionary