Definition of retest in English:
Pronunciation: /riːˈtɛst/[with object]
Test (someone or something) again.
- Comparable results are found, too, in the Concordia University study which has retested a few hundred men 40 years after their original test on recruitment to the Canadian armed services in World War II.
- The children were retested with appropriate levels of tests at the end of the first, second and third years of the study.
- The project of retesting the elements of the seed-storage theory fell to the new director of the Wind River Experiment Station, Leo Isaac.
Pronunciation: /ˈriːtɛst/Back to top
An act of retesting someone or something.
- I spent last month trying to talk a neighbor's mother into letting her 19-year-old daughter take her retests in a leading pharmaceutical college.
- How about this; I vote we go for mandatory 5 or 10 year retests.
- The study has been prompted by the fact the number of retests has more than doubled since 1999.
Definition of retest in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.