Definition of retest in English:
Pronunciation: /riːˈtɛst/[with object]
Test (someone or something) again.
- Comparable results are found, too, in the Concordia University study which has retested a few hundred men 40 years after their original test on recruitment to the Canadian armed services in World War II.
- The children were retested with appropriate levels of tests at the end of the first, second and third years of the study.
- The project of retesting the elements of the seed-storage theory fell to the new director of the Wind River Experiment Station, Leo Isaac.
Pronunciation: /ˈriːtɛst/Back to top
An act of retesting someone or something.
- I spent last month trying to talk a neighbor's mother into letting her 19-year-old daughter take her retests in a leading pharmaceutical college.
- How about this; I vote we go for mandatory 5 or 10 year retests.
- The study has been prompted by the fact the number of retests has more than doubled since 1999.
Definition of retest in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan