noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A structural protein resembling collagen, present in connective tissue as a network of fine fibres, especially around muscle and nerve fibres.More example sentences
- The nature, abundance and architecture of collagen and other fibres, like elastin and reticulin, are responsible for the tone, firmness and youth of our skin.
- Special stains for reticulin highlighted a rich network invested around individual cells and in some areas around groups of cells.
- The remainder of the marrow showed a good hematopoietic reserve and slightly increased reticulin.
More definitions of reticulinDefinition of reticulin in:
- The US English dictionary