- Relating to or denoting a diverse system of fixed and circulating phagocytic cells (macrophages and monocytes) involved in the immune response. They are spread throughout the body, and are especially common in the liver, spleen, and lymphatic system. Also called lymphoreticular.More example sentences
- Macrophages throughout the reticuloendothelial system ingest and sequester the organism.
- Their cell membranes rupture and the released hemoglobin is phagocytized by reticuloendothelial cells throughout the body.
- Dengue virus antigen has been found in a variety of tissues, predominately the liver and reticuloendothelial system.
More definitions of reticuloendothelialDefinition of reticuloendothelial in:
- The US English dictionary