- Any of a group of compounds having effects in the body like those of vitamin A.More example sentences
- Although the preclinical data have been promising, human studies using vitamin A or retinoids as chemopreventive agents have been largely disappointing.
- Several studies have demonstrated low-dose retinoids in combination with calcium glucarate interact synergistically to inhibit mammary tumor growth in both animal models and human cell lines.
- Although the liver is the primary organ involved in storage and homeostasis of retinoids, adipose depots account for 15 to 20% of total body retinoid stores.
More definitions of retinoidDefinition of retinoid in:
- The US English dictionary