noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A yellow compound found in green and yellow vegetables, egg yolk, and fish-liver oil. It is essential for growth and for vision in dim light. Also called vitamin A.
More example sentences
- A carotenoid alcohol; chemical formula: C20H29OH
- Opt for products that contain skin-lightening ingredients like retinol, vitamin C and licorice.
- Retinoic acid is derived mainly by local synthesis through the enzymatic oxidation of retinol.
- Most skin types can benefit from retinol, a derivative of vitamin A.
More definitions of retinolDefinition of retinol in:
- The US English dictionary