- 1A house or flat in a group or block designed for the needs of old and retired people.More example sentences
- Grandparents often live in their own house or a retirement home; women frequently work outside the home.
- Shaun Lawson photographed residents in a retirement home for his Home Portraits series.
- But they weren't ready for an apartment or a retirement home.
- 1.1An institution for elderly people needing care.More example sentences
- It is clear from the financial and affidavit materials filed that the only reasonable accommodation for Mrs. Schryer is at a long term care facility and retirement home.
- As the average life span of Norwegians has increased, a shortage of nursing and retirement homes has developed.
- The housing stock may prove inappropriate for future needs if more and more elderly end their days in retirement homes.
More definitions of retirement homeDefinition of retirement home in:
- The US English dictionary