Definition of retranslate in English:
Translate again: Manville retranslated it all back into English
More example sentences
- You should read the Japanese translation, which was retranslated back into English.
- So, translators have been working on books translated into English, and then retranslating them into Swedish.
- He reported this tale on the strength of hearing it told in Kikongo to an interpreter, who translated it into Portuguese to a second interpreter, who retranslated it into English.
- Example sentences
- A considerable number of Bentham's published works are retranslations of Dumont.
- ‘The new term is a retranslation of ‘schizophrenia’ into the Japanese language and does not make any substantial change in the original concept of the illness,’ says Kim.
- For those seeking to relate Christianity to the unfolding story of the universe and the development of life, thought, and human culture on the planet Earth, this retranslation of Pierre Teilhard's classic work is a welcome addition.
Definition of retranslate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia