- A second or further trial on the same issues and with the same parties: the judge ordered a retrialMore example sentences
- The Supreme Court would most likely remit the matter for a retrial in the High Court, which leaves her in a much better position than she is now.
- It is a serious crime and the retrial can be conducted without unfairness to the defendant.
- The International Court's ruling didn't call for the invalidation of the verdicts or sentences for the men, or even mandate retrials, just reviews.
More definitions of retrialDefinition of retrial in:
- The US English dictionary