- 1A dog of a breed used for retrieving game.More example sentences
- Prior to the 1800s, European hunters maintained a large collection of dogs - pointers to locate the game; setters and retrievers to retrieve it; hounds to trail quarry over long distances.
- Spaniels, terriers, retrievers - each breed has a different personality.
- Large dogs, such as retrievers, Dobermans, and Rhodesian Ridgebacks, make great running mates because they've been bred to have long, graceful strides and sturdy joints.
- 2A person who retrieves something.More example sentences
- Unitarians saw themselves as the retrievers of a lost purity.
- Parking service attendants, workers in warehouses with equipment traffic, shopping cart retrievers, maintenance workers, and delivery vehicle drivers would wear this class of garment.
- Others suggested that his service was little more than a résumé retriever - not the kind of in-depth service for which customers would pay top dollar.
More definitions of retrieverDefinition of retriever in:
- The US English dictionary