- Imitative of a style or fashion from the recent past: retro 60s fashionsMore example sentences
- The Bandai-published remake delivers the best of both ages, making over retro robot designs with flashy modern animation.
- They make music that, though heavily steeped in the past, is neither cold nor regular nor retro.
- The resulting song feels overproduced and too distinctly current, and temporarily hinders the album's retro charm.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
- Retro clothes, music, or style: a look which mixes Italian casual wear and American retroMore example sentences
- When it's done well, retro isn't biting; it's a novel and economical use of widely available ingredients.
- It's new, but cannily designed with a heavy dose of retro.
1960s: from French rétro, abbreviation of rétrograde 'retrograde'.