Definition of reupholster in English:
Upholster with new materials, especially with a different covering fabric: the bed was reupholstered in chintz
More example sentences
- ‘A can of paint is far cheaper than the fabric and labor to reupholster a sofa,’ says Cooper.
- Ever since the big easy chair was reupholstered it's not as comfortable anymore.
- Not only did you restuff the pillows and reupholster the armchair, but you also added an extra layer on the hollow portion on the bottom of the chair.
- Example sentences
- Not to mention today's specials: a dishwasher that thinks it's Niagara Falls and several chairs so overdue for reupholstery that houseguests have taken to politely asking where they can make donations.
- To increase automotive safety, I installed seat belts and Jesus tapestry reupholstery.
- A good reupholstery job is often nearly as expensive as a new piece of furniture - which is understandable, since it should be like new when it is done.
Definition of reupholster in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.