Definition of reupholster in English:
Upholster with new materials, especially with a different covering fabric: the bed was reupholstered in chintz
More example sentences
- ‘A can of paint is far cheaper than the fabric and labor to reupholster a sofa,’ says Cooper.
- Ever since the big easy chair was reupholstered it's not as comfortable anymore.
- Not only did you restuff the pillows and reupholster the armchair, but you also added an extra layer on the hollow portion on the bottom of the chair.
- Example sentences
- Not to mention today's specials: a dishwasher that thinks it's Niagara Falls and several chairs so overdue for reupholstery that houseguests have taken to politely asking where they can make donations.
- To increase automotive safety, I installed seat belts and Jesus tapestry reupholstery.
- A good reupholstery job is often nearly as expensive as a new piece of furniture - which is understandable, since it should be like new when it is done.
Definition of reupholster in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan