- 1Making interesting or significant information known, especially of a personal nature: a revealing radio interviewMore example sentences
- Aside from the revealing personal anecdotes, we learn something of what it was like to be a visiting fellow at the Center for Public Choice.
- The way someone says ‘no’ often can be more revealing than the actual information requested.
- Is this your most personal and revealing film?
- 1.1(Of an item of clothing) allowing more of the wearer’s body to be seen than is usual: a very revealing dressMore example sentences
- Women wearing revealing dress and the desperate looks associated with drug addiction can be spotted in front, usually at night, but often in broad daylight.
- Looking down the street Mother saw Mrs. V.'s daughter Annie walking toward them in a shockingly revealing dress for the 1940s.
- Too many people, though - many of them female - still seem to think that a woman demeans herself when she wears a revealing dress.
- More example sentences
- He has proved to be a brilliant raconteur able to reflect revealingly on his work of 20 years ago, but these are retrospective observations sharpened up in the telling.
- This is a revealingly diverse gathering to mark the opening of the Human Sciences Research Council's office in Cape Town, and I greatly welcome this opportunity to speak to you.
- The author brings the Old Testament world revealingly close to our own century, and he makes vivid the notion that God's purposes are worked out in the ordinariness of specific human lives.
More definitions of revealingDefinition of revealing in:
- The US English dictionary