- Surprised by the revelation, Shanza slipped in the sand again.
- In fact, the American landscape occasionally yields surprising revelations of continuity.
- A Pisces person can shock or surprise you with a revelation; it's best not to react but to give yourself time to understand and respond.
- Those in charge obviously feel that the greater risk is the unlawful revelation of trade secrets.
- She incapacitates him through her revelation of the secret of his birth at a moment when he should have been at his strongest.
- Yet the structure of the novel, the elements of revelation of character and plot, have been rearranged in quite a strange way.
- Barcelona footballer Ronaldinho is an absolute revelation for taking the game to a different level.
- ‘The singing skills of some our guests were an absolute revelation,’ says Asokan.
- For those lucky enough to have caught onto his comedy before his untimely death, Hicks was an absolute revelation.
- We simply must rely on God to give us divine revelation by his Holy Spirit.
- Also included under this heading are all false religions or cults which claim supernatural revelation but contradict the Bible.
- Pope John Paul II has said that divine revelation reveals not only God to man but man to himself.
- Example sentences
- History becomes revelational not in itself, or as such, but through the illuminating work of God, who uses history both to verify and to challenge human understandings of scriptural truth-claims.
- The immediate problem with these reformulations of doctrine, of course, is the extent to which they fulfill Ritschl's notion of a revelational rediscovery.
- This revelational aspect of Page's poetry - which I am going to suggest is much less integral to her more recent work - is inseparable from her vision of vision.
Middle English (in the theological sense): from Old French, or from late Latin revelatio(n-), from revelare 'lay bare' (see reveal1). Sense 1 dates from the mid 19th century.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: reve|la¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.