- A furnace in which the roof and walls are heated by flames and radiate heat on to material in the centre of the furnace.More example sentences
- The major smelting processes to recycle lead scrap involve the use of blast furnaces, short rotary furnaces, long rotary kilns, reverberatory furnaces, electric furnaces, and top-blown rotary furnaces.
- A reverberating furnace with two hearths heated a roaster to 1,200 degrees Fahrenheit to calcine the ore.
- Smelting was commenced in 1871 and the next year three reverberatory furnaces were operating with Mr. Jones in charge.
More definitions of reverberatory furnaceDefinition of reverberatory furnace in:
- The US English dictionary