- I can almost hear many a reverend pastor's groaning response.
- The reverend Nicolas Morgan, vicar of St George's Church in Lower Brailes, paid tribute to the hard work of villagers.
- Since moving to Jerry Falwell's home turf in Lynchburg, Va., in September, openly gay reverend Mel White and his partner, Gary Nixon, are the social butterflies of the neighborhood.
- My appeal to all pastors, bishops, reverends and other church leaders, is that they should not sell their birthright to any organisation for the sake of money.
- All the thousands of priests, reverends, parsons, ministers, etc. that make a living from talking about their god, claim that giving money to them will ‘help’ their god.
- Academics from US Ivy League universities have written to protest, along with rabbis, pastors, reverends and mullahs as well as the International Young Christian Workers' movement.
As a title Reverend is used for members of the clergy; the traditionally correct form of address is the Reverend James Smith or the Reverend J. Smith, rather than Reverend Smith or simply Reverend. Other words are prefixed in titles of more senior clergy: bishops are Right Reverend, archbishops are Most Reverend, and deans are Very Reverend.
Definition of reverend in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.