Of the nature of, due to, or characterized by reverence: their names are always mentioned in reverential tones
More example sentences
- We must tread on nature softly with reverential silence.
- Hicks offers a reverential homage to nature, while a slightly pompous drama slowly unfolds.
- Wars grow to look the same, demonstrations are cut from a loop of video, and natural disasters have their stock shots, their reverential tone and their lexicon of clichés.
- Example sentences
- The book's eye-glazing repetition (left in ‘for emphasis,’ according to the editor) suggests the manuscript, too, was treated reverentially.
- ‘He can't see a thing, but he's probably the best drummer I've ever played with,’ says Bradshaw reverentially.
- The Mahaboddhi Temple was originally a shrine built in the third century BC by Asoka, one of India's earliest and most reverentially remembered emperors.
Words that rhyme with reverentialcadential, confidential, consequential, credential, deferential, differential, essential, evidential, existential, experiential, exponential, influential, intelligential, irreverential, jurisprudential, penitential, pestilential, potential, preferential, presidential, providential, prudential, quintessential, referential, residential, sapiential, sciential, sentential, sequential, tangential, torrential
Definition of reverential in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.