- (Of a cell, organism, or strain) having reverted to the normal type from a mutant or abnormal form: this reverses the defect and creates revertant bacteria that do not require histidineMore example sentences
- This process culminates when haploid lac +revertant cells overgrow the original clone of cells with an amplification.
- The bodywall muscle in these revertant animals is also indistinguishable from wild-type muscle when viewed under polarized light (data not shown).
- This gives the appearance of directed mutagenesis because only revertant cells survive mutagenesis.
nounBack to top
- A revertant cell, organism, or strain: vaccine virus revertantsMore example sentences
- A lower intensity of mutagenesis can explain all observed revertants if each mutagenized cell has multiple copies of the lac operon.
- The numbers of revertants and viable cells were counted after incubation for 2 days at 37°C.
- We again found that most cosQ revertants were true revertants.
More definitions of revertantDefinition of revertant in:
- The US English dictionary