Definition of revivify in English:
verb (revivifies, revivifying, revivified)[with object]
Give new life or vigour to: they revivified a wine industry that had all but vanished
More example sentences
- Other areas of the city which have suffered during the demise of Glasgow's heavy industries have been revivified.
- Enveloped in duende, the nihilism of Levis's poetry negated beliefs and consolations, but it did so to revivify our humanity and refresh the abilities of poetry.
- He's been in Dunedin revivifying his flagging spirits with the pre-Raphaelite exhibition, but it already seems to have worn off.
- Example sentences
- Yet the advent of a swimming mishap, a recession, a war, a tsunami or a bout of pancreatitis can sometimes be the stuff of which revivifications are made.
- Any revivification of active citizenship in Australia and elsewhere depends at least partly on the provision of the actual public infrastructure necessary for its realisation.
- Maybe the nation really has put Vietnam behind it, despite the current attempts at revivification.
Definition of revivify in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan