Definition of revivify in English:
verb (revivifies, revivifying, revivified)[with object]
Give new life or vigour to: they revivified a wine industry that had all but vanished
More example sentences
- Other areas of the city which have suffered during the demise of Glasgow's heavy industries have been revivified.
- Enveloped in duende, the nihilism of Levis's poetry negated beliefs and consolations, but it did so to revivify our humanity and refresh the abilities of poetry.
- He's been in Dunedin revivifying his flagging spirits with the pre-Raphaelite exhibition, but it already seems to have worn off.
- Example sentences
- Yet the advent of a swimming mishap, a recession, a war, a tsunami or a bout of pancreatitis can sometimes be the stuff of which revivifications are made.
- Any revivification of active citizenship in Australia and elsewhere depends at least partly on the provision of the actual public infrastructure necessary for its realisation.
- Maybe the nation really has put Vietnam behind it, despite the current attempts at revivification.
Definition of revivify in:
- US English dictionary